Sign in to follow this  
Agua1

Duel steer blows fuse

I was unsure if I should put this under Schwartz or Sterling. Because I understand that the wiring and duel steer set up was done at sterling. Two problems, the add on wires are all yellow! makes tracing difficult. Second the problem is intermittent. The problem is that when switching from Left to right, all works, when switching from right to left it may work or it may blow the fuse. The component that doesn't work is the steering. It looses all power assist. 

Are there any common problems that others have had that give us a starting place?

We are in the process of acquiring a wiring diagram from Freightliner 

this is on a 2006 Sterling cab over SC8000 / Schwartze  A7000

Edited by Agua1
i forgot make and model

I have not encountered this. But, on our Freightliner FC80 Tymco 600 (same as SC8000) I have encountered RPMs raising on their own when you switch from LHS to RHS, ended up being the TPS on pedal assembly being off by a few %

OK here is where we are now at on this one. There is a control valve that operates the power steering pressure to the left or right gear box. It has electric solenoids on each end. A resistance test revealed that one solenoid has more than the other. So we are now trying to track down the parts.

Here you go. The part came from Freightliner. After changing it, the problem has not returned.KIMG2222.thumb.JPG.de8c8d849cc60765ff7cf8f07cb6da91.JPG

KIMG2221.JPG